Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Grateful

Yesterday, as I was struggeling with a candy purple rubber ducky I realized how important this was to me. Ok, let me clarify...not specifically the purple rubber ducky but the cake and why. I am honored, grateful and humbled at the opportunity to be part of a special moment in my clients and friends lives with the cakes I make.

There are few moments as important, special, memorable or documented as child's birthday. This is watching our babies reach a new milestone and if you are like me our own milestones in that they are still in one peice, we have not lost them and most parts still work. I remember Evan's 1st birthday it was as much a celebration for him as it was for David and I!! Whoo-hoo, he was not broken, all the parts still worked and it was a full 365 days since we brought him home! We could not have been happier and 450 pictures later, well enough said.

There are many moments when good enough works and perfection can be tossed out yet I never feel that way for a childs birthday cake. I am honored to be a part of that celebration, even thought the majority of the time I am not physically there....a part of me is!

The cake I completed yesterday for my friend Jacqueline, her daughter Phoenix's 10th birthday was one of those cakes. Jacqueline said, her daughter will always remember her Purple Rubber Ducky cake and I am brought to my knees with gratitude.

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Phoenix!

3 layers of chocolate, chocolate chip yumminess..

Frosted. parts..

Fondant and thanks to a new tool, perfect circles.


Starting to come together.
A Purple Ducky Cake..



Thank you for allowing me to be even a small part of your special day's.

♥ Heather

1 comment:

  1. Heather.. All I can say is you have talent... The cake is beautiful... But it is more than just the cake. You look deeper than it just being a cake... You put your heart and sole into this cake. Like you said she will remember this cake for the rest of her life. You made her day even more special. You give people a little extra!!! What a special quality!!! I look forward to more and master pieces!!! Michele

    ReplyDelete