Monday, November 2, 2009

Post Halloween

Once again, one of my favorite holidays has passed. I love Halloween~do you?? I decorate from the front walkway to the rear door. I prepare and make it a feast for the eyes (at least the 4 year old eyes that live here!), making sure that we all have fun, festive costumes and that the treats are plentiful.

Tinkerhell! Whoo-hoo!


This past few days has been busy, not just with Halloween but with several other happenings. I mentioned in my prior post that I was making some goodies, one being the cake for a good friends son's 1st birthday. Very fun to make especially because I changed my plan that day about the entire style of the cake and then had to figure it out. Love that! Well, I was very happy with it in the end and I hope she was as well. Here is a picture of the finished product...a special Thank you to Carolanne for the transportation of the sugared goods!!

Note the flying ghosts....Love that!!

There were other goodies made these past few days as well~oh, and then there was Saturdays candy class at Kake Kreations....AMAZING!!!! Truly, I never knew what could be done with sugar, candy and some plastic molds..

I am in love and singing the praises of Kake Kreations, Shelly, Mary, Denise and the rest of the wonderful staff there. Ahhh, my happy place did not disappoint!



In other news, my little man has had a very tough few days. Last week he got the H1N1 and the flu shot. Sunday, my sweet little guy was trying to help his Daddy clean off his diving gear when he decided to check out the diving knife. OUCH!!!! So, with a cut across his thumb David ran up the stairs to tell me we were going to the ER as Evan had just cut his hand. Mind you, I had just gotten out of the shower and I am not one to be ready in a jiffy! But, I was on Sunday!

I went out of the house without my hair done, without make up on and barely finished getting dressed. For any of you out there that know me, this just does not happen! David and I were sure that Evan would need stitches but fortunately the Doctor decided that a butterfly stitch and glue would work! Heck for the $100.00 I could have crazy glued it at home!! Oh well, we have a hospital wrist band for posterity and the memory of the day I left the house not ready for the real world. So here is Evans boo-boo!


and the hospital bracelet....just for your viewing pleasure!



As if that was not enough, today he had an appointment with the doctor and they decided to draw blood. Oh my, I was so totally not prepared for this...this is a Daddy job, i usually schedule this much better!!!! I had to suck it up, pull on my big girl panties and do the deed no matter how much my little boy cried and screamed (thankfully I had both gum AND lollipops in my purse!)! Ok, all that done then tonight he falls out of bed and now has a black eye!!! Really, I could not make this stuff up! Pictures to follow...

On another note ~ David and I are leaving for a few days on vacation to go to Hawaii! Yes, a vacation just the two of us. (suddenly, in my mind the song, just the two of us started playing...we could make it if we tried..just the two of us, you and I..sing along....just the two of us..!!). I will have pictures and stories I am sure to tell when we return and if I find time while away..I will post.

We will be doing a helicopter tour above the volcano (I cannot wait (David is afraid...shhhh)), we will be swimming with the dolphins and he will be doing a couple of dives while I try to actually read a book again. You know, something other then baby instructions (that rarely help) or a cookbook (which does help but then requires exercise which will be a topic for another day and another post)....good old fashion smut. True vacation reading at it's best, I have not read a book for pleasure since Evan was born (oh, other then my friend Alexa Young's book - Frenimies!! In bookstores NOW - buy it!!).

I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge my dear, wonderful friend Patti's 40th Birthday! Happy Birthday Patti~we love you!

Wishing you lots of yummy snacks-n-treats and more recipes to come!

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment