Friday, February 26, 2010

My arm's hurt.....

Today was a wonderfully busy day of cake decoration. So busy that my arms, shoulders and neck hurt from rolling out so much fondant, kneeding it and coloring it. Wow!

Today was also a great day of discovery as I did one of my first character cakes. Now, Mini was not so cooperative, she did not want to stand and a couple of times she actually lost her head when it was time to move. Much to my dismay, I got to re-make Mini 5 times!!! Yes, 5 times! In the end, I truly hope my client and friend is happy with the cake. Now, after almost 7 hours of working on the decoration of this cake.....she is DONE!!!

Wanna peak?  Here was the process:



I used my Cricut to make a stencil....(genius!!)!


Getting closer....

There are twirly things that have still to be put in (I will photograph that in the morning!)! I thought better than to tempt fate and find them broken. In the end, I am very pleased with the cake ..even though Mini's legs are still broken (shhhhhh!!).

Here is the other cake of the day which (thankfully) was a lot smaller and so fun to make~


So pretty and girly! Love it! Happy 22nd Birthday Amanda!

Off to bed, chocolate is on tap for tomorrow!

♥ Heather

1 comment:

  1. Mini isjust about as cute as she can be. While it must have been a struggle, you did a wonderful job. The "Pink" girly cake too is wonderful... Great job Honey.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete